Solar Panel Kits
Did you know that solar panel kits can be purchased today at no upfront cost, and that they can start saving you money from the moment you have them installed on your home?
There is a big misconception that solar power is only for the well-off. After all, solar kits are not cheap, right? Wrong! While this might have been the case a decade back, today the most widely cited reason you will hear from people going solar is "I did it to save money."
The cost of solar energy has fallen dramatically over the past few years. While 10 years ago, solar panels were being purchased at a rate of $4 a watt, today the average cost is in the neighborhood of $0.30 a watt. That's a huge drop; however you will be paying even less thanks to the following:
- 30% residential solar tax credits awarded by the government for your initiative in helping the planet become greener,
- Net metering, with which you can sell excess energy your solar power kit produces back to the grid, and
- SRECs (Solar Renewable Energy Certificate), which you earn every time your solar energy system produces 1 kWh of power, and which you can sell in an open marketplace.
In fact, according to a study published by NC Clean Energy Technology Center1, fully financed home solar panel kits have already become a better long term investment than stock markets in 46 of America's 50 major cities. The report further states that home solar panel kits are by far the cheapest energy option for nearly 21 million Americans when paired with low cost financing.
This is partially because utility bills are expected to increase2 by 33% to 83% over the 25-year lifespan of solar power kits, according to the U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA), while the power produced from the later can be consumed at a fixed rate throughout.
Also, as solar technology evolves, the price of solar power systems will drop even further, in other words, the future of solar energy is bright indeed.
So, just what is a solar power kit, and how can you get one?
Solar panel kits are made up of
- Solar panels, consisting of photovoltaic cells responsible for collecting sunlight, and converting them into electricity,
- Balance of System, which includes the mounting hardware, wiring and solar power inverter, and
- Batteries (optional) for storing excess power on site.
Before you can purchase a solar panel kit, you will need to get an assessment done on your property in order to determine the size you need. Verengo® Solar can help you get a free solar quote. A quotation can help you understand how you, too, can use solar panel kits to make your home environmentally friendly and energy efficient. Plus it will help you save money.
Remember, homes with solar power kits can also see their value appreciate by $12,000. So get a free quote -- it only takes a few minutes of your time.
1Going Solar in America, http://nccleantech.ncsu.edu/wp-content/uploads/Going-Solar-in-America-Ranking-Solars-Value-to-Customers_FINAL.pdf
2Rooftop Solar Is Now Cheaper Than the Grid, http://www.utilitydive.com/news/rooftop-solar-is-now-cheaper-than-the-grid-in-42-american-cities/352799/
What Can You Save With Solar?
With no end in sight for soaring electricity rates, your switch to solar will secure affordable power for your home & family for years to come.